Monday, August 9, 2010

SodaStream Review: I Made Homemade Soda!


The generous people at SodaStream USA provided me my very own soda making machine so that I can tell you all about the amazing benefits and features it provides.

What did I get? 
1-Soda Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker in Black/Silver
1 - 60 liter Carbonator
2 - Carbonating Bottles
1 - MyWater Flavor Essence Variety Pack (3 flavors)
9 - Full Size Sodamix Flavors

How Does It Work?
Well, it's super easy!  All you have to do is take it out of the box, screw in the carbonator, fill the bottle up with tap water, add your favorite sodamix flavor, screw in the bottle and push a button for carbonation! In a matter of seconds, your soda is ready to drink! So far, we've tried Cola, Orange Mango, Root Beer, Lemonade, Energy Drink and Orange Essence. My family loves all types of soda and so far our favorites seem to be the Lemonade and Orange Mango.  I loved how you can customize how much carbonation goes into the bottle! My husband likes a little carbonation and I like a lot so it was nice to make our own bottle of soda.

There were so many benefits to making your own soda at home:

1. You can customize the carbonation and soda flavor to your taste.
2. You don't have to buy bottled water or can soda anymore - saving you money and the environment!
3. One sodamix bottle makes 33 cans of soda!
4. The Soda Fountain Jet doesn't use electricity or batteries.
5. One carbonator makes 60 liters of soda or 170 cans of soda!
6. There are over 30 great tasting flavors to choose from.
7. The Fountain Jet saves on space.  It's smaller than my blender.
8. The Sodamix Regular Flavors do not contain high fructose corn syrup!
9. Costs only 25cents a serving!
10. You can have fresh-tasting soda in seconds!


How Can You Get one?
You can order your very own home soda maker through SodaSteam USA or you can find a retailer near you.
The Black/Silver Soda Fountain Jet Kit that I received retails for $99.95 (includes fountain jet, a 60 liter Carbonator and two Carbonating bottles). The SodaMix Flavors retails for $4.99 to 6.99. The MyWater Essence flavors retails for $9.99 (3 pack).

 
This would make a wonderful housewarming, holiday or birthday gift for someone! I'm very greatful to SodaStream for providing me my very own soda making system and I can't wait to try all 30 flavors.


Disclosure: The generous people at SodaStream provided me the above product at no cost to facilitate this review and the opinions expressed in the review are 100% mine.


No comments: