Friday, August 20, 2010

Recipe: Buttermilk Pancakes

As ya'll noticed on my Menu Plan Monday post,
I was supposed to make a Rolled Omelet in the oven this week.
Well, it didn't turn out so well.


I have no idea what happend.
It was obviously not edible, so I had to improvise.
I saw that I had some leftover buttermilk
from making my red velet cupcakes over the weekend.
So, I made homemade buttermilk pancakes.
I love the Food Network, so I obviously

Cakey Buttermilk Pancakes
 

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
 Set mixture aside to rest while griddle heats.
Heat a large seasoned cast iron skillet, frying pan, or griddle over medium heat.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet, pan or griddle.
 Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles cover the top.
Flip and cook until golden brown.
  Serve immediately topped with your favorite syrup.

(or alongside a fried egg like me!)


Happy Cooking,

No comments: