Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recipe: Buttermilk Cinnamon Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies


Don't you just LOVE chocolate chip cookies???
 I'm always on the lookout for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I haven't seem to beat the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip recipe
on the back of the chocolate chip bag yet.

I always have ingredients on hand to make cookies
but in this case I needed to use up some buttermilk.
So, I went on the search to find a recipe and stumbled upon
a new food blog called Amanda's Cookin.

She had a recipe on her site for Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Cookies.

So I started grabbing stuff and here's what I came up with:

The Ingredients
 3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Cup Shortening (butter flavored)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
2 Eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
(I used mini - that's all I had)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Set aside.
Cream shortening and white and brown sugars together until fluffy.
Add eggs into mixture one at a time.
Add vanilla and mix for one minute.
Add flour and buttermilk to mixture in batches.
First some flour mixture, mix until smooth and then add some buttermilk.
Mix until smooth.
Repeat several times until fully incorporated.
Fold in chocolate chips.

Use cookie scoop or spoon to portion out on cookie sheet.
Make sure to leave at least an inch between cookies.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


Here they are:

Result?
If you like soft, pillow-like cookies, these are for you.
I actually love cookies the best right out of the oven.
These had a good flavor if you like buttermilk and cinnamon.
You could certainly leave out the cinnamon if you want to.
Also, next time I will try them with big chocolate chunks.
If I ever have some leftover buttermilk in the fridge
I will make these again.

Check out other Tasty Tuesday recipes:

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

Have a nice day!!