Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf

I'm a huge fan of meatloaf.
It's one of those foods that feel like it's
giving me  a warm hug while I'm eating it.
I have NEVER made it before. I've just eaten it.
I knew exactly who to go to for the best recipe.
If you don't know who I'm talking about,
you've got to check her out.
Oh, and her awesome cookbook.
It's the best thing I've ever bought!
So, without further adeu...


Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook

Ingredients:
1 Cup Milk
6 slices White Bread
2 pounds Ground Beef
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup Chopped Parsley
4 Eggs
10 slices Bacon
1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
3/4 tsp. Sea Salt

Sauce Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Ketchup
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Dry Mustard

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, pour milk over bread slices.
Allow to soak up for several minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, pepper, salt and parsley. Pour in beaten eggs.
Mix the ingredients until combined. (I used my clean hands as a mixer).
Form the mixture into a loaf shape onto the broiler pan. This will allow the fat to drain.
Lay bacon slices over top of meatloaf. Slightly overlap the pieces of bacon and tuck them underneath.
Make your sauce. Mix together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small mixing bowl.
Pour 1/2 of mixture over top of bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Spread with spoon or pastry brush.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Pour other 1/2 of sauce mixture over top of bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Spread with spoon or brush.
Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Slice and serve.


















I served this alongside some buttered baby peas.
Serves 6-8, plus leftovers.

Enjoy!




No comments: