Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recipe: 24 Hour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Don't you just LOVE chocolate chip cookies???

I saw this recipe posted last week somewhere and for the life of me, I can't remember where I saw it. So, forgive me if you've seen this recipe before and I apologize for not giving proper credit.

I call these the 24-hour chocolate chip cookies because they will only last at most 24 hours on your counter. They are that good. I love them best hot and gooey out of the oven but I can't eat four dozen of them by myself, so it takes about a full day for my family and friends to finish them off.

24-Hour Chocolate Chip Cookies















Ingredients:
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Stick Butter, softened
1 Large Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2-1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 package (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a Large Mixing Bowl, mix white and brown sugars, softened butter, egg and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth and fully incorporated.

Sift Flour, Baking Soda and Salt together in another Large Mixing Bowl.

Mix in flour mixture with butter/sugar mixture one cup at a time until fully incorporated. Fold in bag of chocolate chips.

Place Rounded Tablespoon Size cookie dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Put at least 1 inch apart from each other.

Bake 7-8 minutes per batch. Cookies will be slightly golden on top but still pale in color. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack.

Makes between 3 and 4 dozen cookies.


Enjoy! Happy Baking,

No comments: