Thursday, April 7, 2011

Frugal Recipe: Homemade Pizza Dough


Homemade Pizza Dough



Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Honey
4 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Yeast (2 pkgs.)

Directions:

For this dough, I used my bread machine since I didn't want to do it by hand. I went by my manufacturer's suggestions on how to add ingredients to the bread machine for pizza dough. It was simple. It told me to add all the wet ingredients, then the dry (except the yeast) and then make a well in the middle of the flour and add the yeast in. Then, I set it on the pizza dough cycle and went about my day for about an hour and a half. When it was done, I took the dough out and put it into a bowl (first oil it) and covered it with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. I let it rise for about 20 minutes. Then I punched it down and let it rise for another 15 minutes.

Then I divided it into four parts. This made somewhat thick crust (eqivalent to hand toss at pizza hut) but if you wanted it thinner, you could roll it out thinner.

I rolled the dough out on my counter using my rolling pin and placed it on a greased pizza pan. I poked the dough with a fork so it wouldn't rise too much and then brushed it with a little olive oil.

Place in a preheated oven at 475 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.


Thanks to Good, Cheap Eats for providing the awesome recipe!

No comments: