Monday, January 24, 2011

Recipe: Chicken and Dumplings Soup

I've been wanting some warm you to the core soup,
so I searched for recipes in hopes to find a comforting, fullfilling meal.
 My mom made a similar version of this soup when I was little
 so I was excited to make this for my family.


Chicken and Dumplings Soup


Ingredients:

2 - boneless chicken breasts, cubed
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 - 16 oz. cans chicken broth
2 - 16 oz. cans water
1 can of Cream of Chicken
1 can of Cream of Mushroom
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper

Dumplings:
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbls. butter, melted
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:

In a large crockpot, add carrots, celery, and onion.
Pour in chicken broth, cream soup and seasonings.
Fill up two soup cans full of water and pour into crockpot.
Add cubed chicken.

Cover crockpot and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Melt 6 Tablespoons of butter and mix with 1/2 Cup Milk.
Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Drop dumplings by tablespoon into hot crockpot.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 25 minutes until floating to the top.

Serves 6.

Result: SOOOOO Good!  I loved this so much that I ate on it for three days straight.
I never got tired of it. The flavor was excellent and so comforting.
Had a bad day? This soup will take care of it.
Have the sniffles? This soup will take care of that too.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...this sounds scrumptious...dumplings are goooood...hehe